Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Top 5: MAC Must Haves

mac-cosmetics

One: Eyeshadows. The range of shades alone at MAC is pretty mind boggling. While it can be a little overwhelming I think there's definitely going to be a few shades that suit every skin tone and taste in colour. In terms of the quality I've not found anything better - they apply beautifully, last all day and are highly pigmented. In the palette above I have (from top left, clockwise to bottom left) Patina, Wedge, Embark and Woodwinked. Although they look similar they have a very different effect - two matte shades and two shimmery ones are perfect for a variety of everyday looks. I have a list as long as my arm for other shades I'd love to try.

Two: Lipsticks. Can't go past lipstick really can you? From the packaging to the variety of finishes (satin, matte, frost, amplified, cremesheen etc...) and of course the colour range there is something for everyone. They're long lasting, have rich pigmentation, a beautiful finish and even smell beautiful. My favourite finishes are satin and amplified - similar consistency but the amplified, as the name suggests, are super bright.

Three: Fluidline. This is my soul-mate eyeliner. Yes, it's gel and yes, that makes it a little harder to use. However, it's very dark, dries quickly and won't easily rub off. So if you're a contact wearer like me or tend to rub your eyes then scream internally because you forgot you were wearing eye-makeup this might be good for you too. I like to use it with an Eco-Tools angled brush.

Four: Mineralise Blushes. I'm a big fan of dewy skin, even though mine can look a little oily. These blushes are a great way to get that glow without weighing down oily skin with cream products. They're not sparkly (which is good because I hate "sparkles" as such) but more pearly. I have several more of these lovelies on my to-buy list for this year. The finish is very natural and I think it's harder to over apply these than conventional blush too.

Five: Pro-Longwear Paint Pots. These are the holy grail of oily eye-lids. I find some of the darker matte shades of MAC eye-shadows were inclined to crease on me, not so with these babies. The three shades I have are Painterly (a pink toned matte finish), Groundwork which is very similar to Wedge eye-shadow but a little darker, and again a matte finish. Finally I have Constructivist which is a brown with a reddy purple undertone to it. I've created a smokey eye with this one alone. The idea behind these is they can be used on their own as a cream eye-shadow or as a primer for other powder based products over the top. I love these as they last all day at work and have never irritated my angry and irritable skin.

I've also done a NARS must haves post which you can find here.

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template