Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Thursday 30 October 2014

Confessions of a Beauty Blogger Tag: Part 2

I saw this tag on Hello Octobers blog (one of my favourite bloggers) whilst looking through her archives (because I'm a massive blogging creep). I actually really love reading these and think you get to know bloggers a lot better behind their usual posts - so here's part two! (If you want to read part on you can find it here). 

When did you start your blog?
I started a beauty blog around a year ago now on Tumblr but I felt I wanted a more professional looking platform and something that was entirely my own creation. I moved to Blogger only a few months ago back at the end of July. 

Have you had any past online presence before (other blog, YouTube)?
Yes - as above I had a Tumblr beauty blog but it never really turned into what I wanted it to be/wasn't what I ultimately wanted to go for in my blogging life. 

Why did you start a blog?
I had done so previously but really I was in need of a hobby - I've just started working full time this year after graduating last year. I now have far more free time (third year uni was killer - weekends were a distant memory...) a new camera as of last year and a growing love for all things beauty. That, along with more disposable income than I'd ever had previously made me re-consider blogging. What made me actually start I was (again...) on Suzie's blog and read this post, it really inspired me to bite the bullet and get onto it.

When did you become serious about starting a blog?
I guess when I started this blog - it's still definitely a work in progress and probably always will be but I really wanted it to be something to be proud of. I set my mind to posting three times a week and being as "myself" as I could. 

What was your first post?
My first post aside from my introductory one was a first impressions of Frank body scrub - if you're a regular here you know that Frank is now a regular visitor in my shower haha.

What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
Trying to fit it in can be a challenge - but then I love writing and taking photos etc. so it's not really a bad thing. The hardest bit for me is probably photos - I think I've improved a lot since I started but I still have a long way to improve.

Where do you see your blog in one year?
Hopefully a lot bigger and better than it is now - I expect a new theme, hopefully more readers, I'll be using social media more. In terms of the posts themselves I can never tell - I plan things a few months in advance as I always have new or different ideas, but I can't see myself getting bored of writing them any time soon! 

What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
I think just having a creative outlet in my life and knowing there are a few people that seem to be regulars and come back now and again to check in. I absolutely love when someone comments that something I've posted has helped them in some way or that they enjoyed reading it.

What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
I don't really find anything discouraging (yet). I suppose new readership is hard to find at times but I know I could probably change that if I utilised twitter and instagram etc. a lot more. I'm really just doing this because I enjoy it.

What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
Reading other blogs, trying new products, reading magazines, finding new things or tricks that work. A whole lot of things really. Reading the tips sections in big blogs like Nouvelle Daily Blog, Gh0stparties and The Lovecats Inc. really help remind me I have only been at this a few months and give me new ideas for posts, how to better my photos etc. Really though, I've said it so many times already, I just love writing about things I'm enthusiastic about, it never feels like a chore and I don't really need any other motivation than that it's a lovely way for me to discuss and share something not a lot of people I know are interested in.

(I feel like I said "blog" too many times in this post...)

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template