Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Thursday 23 October 2014

Naked 3: Swatch and Review

When it came to picking an eyeshadow palette I thought long and hard about it - so many brands and some you can't bloody get in New Zealand. Beauty Bay had all three Naked palettes, I already have a few bronzes and browns so the Naked 3 with it's pink and taupe tones seemed the logical and slightly different option. I've been using it for about a month now so I thought it was about time I did an in depth review and swatches for anyone else considering the palette themselves. 

naked 3 palette

naked-3-palette

Colours l - r: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick

Colours l - r: Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart
I think the colour range in this palette is actually really good, they look pink-toned but they're not pink as such - it's definitely got a lot of wearable tones with the second six being more cool toned browns and taupes. Aside from that there's a really good mix of satin, mattes and shimmers in there too. In terms of which colours are the best I love all of them really, in particular burnout, limit, buzz, nooner and liar. The final four are really more taupe toned darker shades, the darker shades all have the best payoff but the only ones that let the palette down a but are that dust is just exactly that - it's a little dusty and the most prone to fall out.

In terms of how long lasting they are I definitely think a primer is a good idea - I find they stick to the lid better and don't crease. Without a primer the colours aren't quite as vibrant but then they are meant to be neutral kind of shades regardless. There's definitely a lot of potential for some really dramatic looks with these or you can easily do really simple day looks too. I like Nooner through my crease and Limit on my lid for a matte look and for a more evening appropriate look something like Nooner through the crease with a combination of Liar, Factory and Mugshot is beautiful and still fairly neutral.

The brush inside is also pretty good quality and as it's double sided is perfect for getting shadow precisely into the crease and pressing colour directly onto the lid.

All in all I'd say, given the palette cost me $75NZD and there are 12 colours in here it's worth every cent - especially when a MAC eyeshadow alone is $30. I think out of the three palettes the pink tones in this one are the most unique, definitely love with this. If you want something with a little more colour but aren't ready for full blown bright shades this is a fantastic option.

Which Naked palette was your favourite?

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template