Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Thursday 2 October 2014

5 Newly Discovered Beauty Tricks

1) Wash natural makeup brushes with an olive oil based soap. I use a hand soap with olive oil in it on my natural bristle brushes and it cleans them beautifully, leaves them soft and without and residue or strong smell that some anti-bacterial soaps can have.

2) Applying foundation with your fingers first then buffing in with a brush will mean you get a less streaky finish and use less product. When you're using something like Nars Sheer Glow every pump counts!

3) Shorter nails will chip less than long nails. This one is pretty common sense but if I need my nails to go the distance if I have meetings all week or I need them to look shiny and strong for longer I shape them shorter and don't skimp on the top coat!

4) Lip balm your lips after foundation and before anything else. By the time you get to applying your lip liner your lips will have absorbed the balm and won't dry out or be too oily for your lip products.

5) If you've bought a nude and find it makes you look too washed out, use it to "water down" a colour that is too bright for day time wear. E.g. I love Brave by MAC but I think it looks better in Winter as it's quite a berry toned colour, a swipe of Myth over the top and it's set for work.

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template