Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Thursday 9 October 2014

First Impressions: Lime Crime Velvetines

Left: Red Velvet. Right: Suedeberry

I'd been anxious to get my hands on these shades for a while - I did what any rational person suffering from indecision does - I bought both. The colours are Suedeberry and Red Velvet - retailing at $30 in New Zealand (not including postage...)

Both are very matte in finish, with incredibly vivid and opaque colour pay off. The Red Velvet was the first I got my hands on and I think it's my favourite of the two. It's a beautiful deep slightly blue-toned red though I expect it would look slightly different on different people. Best part about Red Velvet aside from being a total statement lip colour is it makes your teeth look brilliantly white. 

The Suedeberry is more a strawberry tone with an orange undertone and I think a little more wearable day to day. I tone it down with a nude lipstick if I don't want it to look too obvious when I'm at work. 

Both are very long lasting - the Suedeberry lasts around 5 hours with eating and drinking at work. The Red Velvet even more so because once you put it on the only way you'll get it off is with oil/an oil based cleanser (like my much loved Ultrabland from Lush). Due to this the Red Velvet is a little more drying and will show up cracks in your lips more than the Suedebery but if you put a little balm over the top this can be counteracted (though the lipstick will slip/transfer a little more easily if you do this). 

Overall, two absolutely stunning colours with great wear, a big impact and a solid matte finish. I can't wait for an excuse to wear them out more. 

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template