Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Thursday 30 October 2014

Monthly Favourites: October 2014

lush-cosmetics

It's that time again - the end of another month is here (is it just me or are they going progressively faster...?) Right - let's get straight into it...

OPI Nail Polish - Hot and Spicy. I always used to be a pink nailed girl all the time - now I'm going for something a bit more firey. I think mostly because this looks amazing with a tan and makes me feel like I'm helping bring about summer (because weather in New Zealand is pretty rubbish at the moment...). OPI always do fantastic colours that seems to last really well, this one I can usually get 5 days consistent colour out of with no chips.

Hurraw lip balms - Coconut and Moon Balm. I'm sure I've spoken about these before, but the newly discovered coconut one is amazing. It smells delicious and is probably the most moisturising of the Hurraw lip balms I've tried. I bought mine from an Auckland based online business - Oh Natural. The packages are always wrapped absolutely beautifully, it's like getting a gift in the post.

The Olive Branch Shower Gel. I bought this one for a few reasons, one, it's the only Lush shower gel I've never tried and two, I saw one of my favourute bloggers - Kate from Gh0stparties - rave about it and lastly, it smells very similar to the Dorothy bubble bar that I've always loved the scent of (but can't really use due to my eczema). I took the plunge and bought this beautiful olive oil and mandarin peel gel and my word. It smells tart like marmalade but has a real sweet note under it too. it's very gentle on irritated skin and lingers in the air and on your skin long after you've turned the shower off.

Grease Lightning/Vanishing Act. Again, I saw this on another blog and remembered using it years ago. It hadn't been stellar for me back then but as my skin had changed and I thought I'd give it another go. I'm so pleased I did, my skin is so much clearer and doesn't feel tight after applying. It's a beautiful natural spot treatment and doesn't just reduce redness but helps prevent spots from spreading. My t-zone hasn't looked so clear in ages.

Anything I need to try for next month?

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template