Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Sunday 26 October 2014

5 Ways: Dealing With Stress

I consider myself quite the expert on this topic after years of exams, assignments and now a full year of work with no leave taken. Sometimes things can pile up and wear you down to the extent that it's hard to even enjoy the things that used to make you happy. I've found a few things really help me and I love reading posts like this myself so here are my top five ways to calm my shit.



One: Exercise. Yes, it's that boring one everyone suggests which is why it's my number one so we can get it out of the way. Even though it's sometimes really tough to make yourself get up and go to the gym or even out for a walk it really does help. Often at the end of the day you may be mentally tired, but your body is still perfectly able to use some physical energy. As you probably know, exercise does release endorphins which help perk you up.

Two: Getting outside. Similarly to exercise, I think there's something about being outdoors that helps refresh your brain a wee bit. Sometimes being in the same environment can feel a bit stifling, getting some fresh air and going to a local park or reserve if you live near one can be a great way to let your mind process what's going on and in the very least, forget about what's bothering you for a bit.

Three: Shopping. Now, by this I don't mean max out your debit card or whatever. However I do know that if I've had a particularly horrid week or am feeling really worn out buying myself a few "treats" can really help my state of mind and gives me something to look forward to. Whether that's buying something online (who doesn't like getting "presents" in the post?!) or going to your favourite local strip of shops can be great. Me personally, I love going to Lush. Buying a few bath bombs or something new for my skin or to use in the shower always makes me feel lovely. Then, aside from the shopping you have an excuse to have a night in, which brings me to my next tip.

Four: A night in. I've made a post about a night-in treatment here and have another one on the cards soon - so keep an eye out for that. Having a night in with a face mask, bath or lovely shower if you prefer can make you feel like a new person. Using products that make you feel happy is a sure way to relax both your stressy brain and your body as well. Even if it's just painting your nails, putting effort into yourself is fantastic for boosting your mood overall.

Five: Spending time with other people. This one is a bit of a no-brainer really. Calling or seeing my boyfriend, best friend or mum when I'm feeling a bit shit always makes me feel good. Going out for coffee or whatever you prefer is a perfect excuse to get away from home for a bit, have a chat about what's going on and often helps put things into perspective.

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template