Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Thursday 2 April 2015

Read, Eat, Listen, Do #5


Read - The Incarnations.
It's a book I'd seen in Whitcoulls recently and quite fancied the sound of. The main character, Wang, is a taxi driver during the 2008 Beijing Olympics. His soul mate if you will from previous life times has found him and starts writing him letters about their past lives together. I'm only a few chapters in but it's quite addictive reading so far - again it's very different from the kinds of books I normally read but the beautiful cover and references to ancient and recent history really intrigued me.

I've also recently picked up Remix magazine - if you're less of a book person and more of a beauty, fashion and celebrity kind of person this magazine is beautifully presented and has something for everyone. I read it from cover to cover this weekend just gone. Not to mention Kylie Jenner is on the cover - I feel like I should keep her on display. How beautiful is her makeup in this?

Eat - Hummus.
Man I have been getting through masses of this stuff lately. I put it with every snack and lunch time meal - on rice crackers, in sandwiches with chicken and tomato, whatever is a flat surface that can carry a copious amount of this delicious chick pea spread. I love the plain variety with just garlic and lemon - it's also pretty filling and is great for days I'm going to the gym. I love it with olive pitas, shredded chicken and baby tomatoes.

Listen - The Black Keys.
I've only really discovered these guys in the past few months but I'm hooked now. Unfortunately they're no longer coming to New Zealand but they're definitely on my "to see" list. I especially love Brothers out of all their albums - song favourites include She's Long Gone, The Only One and Fever.

Do - Planning.
I can't say exactly for what just yet but it's something that had been in the works for a while and I'm incredibly excited about it. I'll be able to say officially in a few weeks.Something incredibly exciting is on the cards - the biggest change my life will have ever had. I'll definitely be doing a lot of blog posts on this in the weeks to come.

Claire x
SHARE:

2 comments:

A pipdig Blogger Template