Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Sunday 31 August 2014

The Weekend Post: Painted Paws

Well, as promised I've had a slightly more interesting and beauty related weekend this weekend. It's Sunday now and I'm sitting with a green tea editing photos and listening to Ed Sheeran with my claws tap-tapping away on the keyboard.

Essentially I finally got around to getting my nails Shellac'd (how does one Shellac? Shellac'd?) anyway - I went to my favourite, yes Newmarket again.

I visited The Nail Studio on Osborne Street and had my nails done by Lianne - who was lovely by the way. I wanted to get the pointy shape for a change seeing as I highly doubt I'd be able to shape them properly myself I thought I'd go for it yesterday. Then as I'm indecisive about colour and get bored easily I went for a classic white nail - with a little shimmer on top at Liannes recommendation which I must admit looks bloody lovely. Highly recommend these guys - the paint on my right hand bubbled a little bit when it was first applied but Lianne fixed it for me taking extra time and didn't seem bothered/didn't rush me at all.




The pictures don't do the shimmer justice really but in short I love them. The only downside is texting and typing are really quite awkward because of the points eeep. I'd say it's a worthwhile pay off though. 

Nails aside, it was pay week this week and I was in Newmarket so...you know...I did a spot of shopping. 


Can you tell I'm preparing for summer? I love this new hat - if you're in New Zealand it's free shipping if you're urban - and they ship internationally too if you're from overseas. I bought it from Pagan Marie - I always love to support Kiwi businesses if I can and the service from this site is amazing. I'm strictly speaking a "rural" address, I ordered Thursday at around 10 and received it first thing Friday morning. 

My other purchases included some Body Shop bits for my car - hand cream for my dry little mits and hand sanitiser because I hate that "grubby" feel they can get when you've been shopping or at the gym. Having dermatitis means this isn't fantastic for my skin...but that justifies the hemp hand cream right? (And I had a 10 dollar voucher so this only cost me about 12 bucks). 

I've added another lipstick to my MAC family - Brave this time. It's a lovely purpley cool toned lipstick in satin finish (my favourite) so isn't too drying and the colour payoff is great. It's my take on the Kylie Jenner lip combined with Subculture lip pencil it's perfect. 

Last thing was Eau Roma Water from Lush - I was running low and I can't live without this stuff for getting my makeup/cleanser off. 

The weather yesterday in Auckland was awful so I think I actually ended up spending less because I didn't want to hang around the shops too long. Mixed blessing? 

Now it's Sunday it's that usual laundry/gardening and now I'm drafting up some more posts for this week - tappa tappa tappa. 



Claire x


P.s. I think I've nearly got the layout of my blog how I like it...
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template