Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Thursday 28 August 2014

Monthly favourites: August

Woo hoo, the end of the first month of running this blog. Time to update my favourites - there may not be a post like this every month but this month there have been plenty of new things I've been loving and using/wearing/listening to all the time. I genuinely look forward to the end of a month/start of a new one purely for favourites videos/blog posts.

Also - I feel I need to mention the new theme. It's still being edited/I'll fiddle more in the weekend when I have time but I'm liking it a lot so far! I wanted something a bit more personal so I purchased one off Etsy.

Right - on with the favourites. 

  • Frank body scrub - this one is a no brainer, especially if you've been on my blog any other time this month. Vegan, cruelty free, perfectly scrubby. Frank smells amazing, gives you glowing skin and is gentle enough to use on your face. If you're interested in more info I have another post about it here. Frank is definitely going to be a regular part of my body/skin care routine. 
  • NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturiser - SPF is becoming more of a priority for me, especially now I've found a few products with SPF that my skin actually agrees with. This moisturiser kills two birds with one stone - good coverage and sun protection. For a low maintenance look in the summer this will be my go to..even more so than it is now.  
  • NARS creamy concealer - this plus the radiant tinted moisturiser...well, if I ever have a relationship as good as these two do I'll be a happy camper. Amazing coverage, especially under the eyes Feels weightless and non-sticky. Can't go wrong with this one. 
  • Harraw! lip balm - I use Hurraw dawn till dusk, it keeps your lips in tip top condition with a range of flavours/scents. I especially love the Moon Balm and the SPF version. 
  • Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence. I love Lana anyway but her latest CD is especially amazing. I listened to it twice all the way through whilst driving home late at night and can safely say there are several new favourites on this CD. My top picks are Cruel World, Sad Girl and Brooklyn Baby. 
  • Chrysolite Opal earrings from ChicCrystalBijoux . These stunning little earrings are made by a very talented jeweler in Sydney. I found her shop on Etsy and had been meaning to buy these for a while. They're a beautiful colour, perfect fit and add a little bit of sparkle without being over the top. I've got my eye on a few other pieces by her already. I took a closer picture too as the one above doesn't do them justice.

Love seeing what other people put in their favourites too - I often end up trying new products based on other people's recommendations from them. That's all for this month - there's a few new things I have my eye on/am currently trying out so we'll see how they fare come the end of September! 

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template