Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Sunday 14 September 2014

The Weekend Post: A Long Weekend

I don't often take leave (in fact this is the first day I've taken all year) so it was wonderful having Friday off last week for my boyfriends birthday. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos but it was a pretty quiet weekend with a spot of shopping, a movie, two home cooked dinners and the All Blacks.

To make up for the fact my usual Friday post didn't publish on schedule I'm going to have an extra one next week. Aside from that, I have a few exciting new "payday" purchases to share that I received either in the post or bought this weekend. (Does anyone else have a list of things they want to buy saved o their phone...? Just me...?)


xoBeauty brushes - left-right: tapered crease brush, lip brush, blush brush, small tapered face brush. 


I got these in the post on Friday morning (I ordered them on Wednesday). I love Shannon Harris and her brush line lives up to expectations. I already had several of these brushes and felt like splurging a bit so I added a few to my cart. These hair ties are also limited edition - they're the snag free variety. I can't bring myself to actually wear them in my hair because I don't want them to stretch - I've been wearing the black spotty one on my wrist as a bracelet (even Jack commented on it...!) If you've not heard of Shannon her youtube is here and you can purchase from her store (international shipping available) from here.


Jack and I were in the city, Newmarket/Queen Street, I bought him an extra fine merino cardigan for his birthday and a few makeup bits for me.


MAC mineralise blush in Warm Soul and Nars Laguna Bronzer


I'd been keen to get my hands on this bronzer for a while now, given that I love Nars and due to the fact that it has such a cult following. I can tell you now, it's worth the hype. On a side note, if you're in Auckland and are shopping for makeup, the girls at Mecca Cosmetica are amazing. They're so polite, beautifully made up, very approachable and very helpful.


On a side note, I can finally show you what my pint painted nails are - the inspiration behind my blog title. I painted them on Wednesday night so they're starting to chip already (d'oh!) but I can probably eek them out for a few more days. I'm madly drafting up some posts for the next few weeks for you all now. 


Mod About You - OPI


Wearing one of my xoBeauty hair ties - love them. Rings by Pandora

Sadly that's all I really have to report for this weekend - hopefully next weekend I'll have a new outfit post or something a little more exciting. The weather this weekend has been horrible - so cold and miserable. I may have something exciting on its way to me I the post as well, I shall update you on that when it arrives! 

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template