Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Thursday 25 September 2014

Youtuber Induced Purchases

I think we've all been there. Watching that new video by one of your favourite YouTubers and you see a product. You think "I might like that" you happen to try it in store. Next thing you know it's in your bag/handbag/on your face. I have a lot of these purchases and there are some Youtubers in particular that I really love and especially trust their recommendations. I have two products from each of my favourites, if you haven't heard of them I'll link to their channels/blogs/etc. so you can have a browse.

Shaaanxo 
Youtube | Facebook


Shannon Harris is the only Kiwi I subscribe to on Youtube at the moment and I've been subscribed to her for over a year now. She almost always uses Nars Laguna bronzer so naturally when I found my bronzer was getting low and given the Nars fiend I am these days I thought I'd try it out. I have a similar skin tone to Shannon and have never been dissapointed by anything she's recommended/anything Nars has produced so into my Mecca bag it went.

The other purchase Shannon particularly influenced me on was Saint Germain lipstick by MAC. It's such a wonderful "Barbie" kind of shade, it's the amplified formulation (which I love) and wears like a dream. It's also a very "Shaaanxo" kind of shade.

HelloOctober
Youtube | Blog


Suzie is a great source of inspiration for me as she has an absolutely wonderful blog and amazing editing skills. She has very flawless but natural looking skin and always looks naturally gorgeous, so of course, I want what she buys. In this case it was the Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturiser and the Nars Creamy Concealer I've banged on about these products enough on this blog but they're a dream team for my face and are products I would definitely re-peat purchase.

Batalash
Youtube | Blog


Sam, the founder of Batalash the blog and youtube channel is one of the most hilarious people I've seen on youtube. I frequently re-watch her videos for her sense of humour alone. That aside, she's got the most amazing makeup skills and her brows are the brows I can only dream of which is what prompted me to make my Anastasia Beverly Hills dip-brow pomade purchase *deep breath*.

Aside from her brows, Sam always amazing looking skin - and I'm all in favour of a good base. Her love for MAC warm soul blush/beautiful skin made me walk into two different MAC stores to get my hands on it when it was sold out at the first one.

BeautyCrush
Youtube | Blog


Sammi was the first Youtuber I ever started watching and I think that was about four or five years ago now. Her frequent use of Nars Sheer Glow and a new found disposable income when I was finally an employed graduate meant I tried it within a month of starting my job. I will never go back after trying this - it's my face's soul mate. Perfect amount of coverage, glowy without being shiny/a nightmare for an oily t-zone and long lasting.

The more recent purchase was a few months ago around my birthday, I'd seen Sammi using this in a favourites video I believe and I'm a sucker for pearly looking highlighter. I homed in on the Benefit counter and tried Watts Up and fell in love on the spot.

Anyone else as bad as me with things like this?

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template