Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Sunday 25 January 2015

Summer Skincare Routine


It feels like it's been a while since I did a skin-care routine post, while some products I think will always stay the same (my much loved Ultrabland ain't going anywhere) there are a few new bits I've been loving big time and have noticed a huge difference in my skin because of them. This is going to be more of a masterpost of everything I put on my face each day rather than a morning/evening one as I've done before. So I've split it into cleansing bits and then moisturisers and serums and the like instead. 


CLEANSERS.

Phew, I didn't realise how many products I use just to wash/buff my face. 9 to 5 is my morning cleanser - ideal for those of us who are low maintenance and ahem, a bit lazy. No toner needed - I just use a dollop about the size of my thumb nail and massage all over my face. I remove with a hot face cloth after - I find if there's any make-up has been pushed out of your pores over night (ick) this removes it beautifully and leaves your skin nicely primed for moisturiser.

In the evening things get a little complicated though because I'm a skincare junkie it really doesn't bother me. I start by removing my makeup with my most loved Lush product (big words knowwhatI'msayin') Ultrabland. This gorgeous waxy balm breaks everything down in no time and is fantastic for any skin type - no matter what season it is, how my skin is behaving (or not...) this little black tub of goodness sorts it. You can remove this one in the same way as 9 to 5 with a hot flannel but personally I don't like getting my facecloth all clogged so I use a toner and cotton pads. Typically I use Eau Roma Water but lately I felt like a change so am currently using Breath of Fresh Air to spritz all over before wiping cleanser, makeup and toner off in a few swipes.

I'm a big fan of double cleansing - I noticed a big improvement in my skin when I started doing it myself. Recently Lush released a range of new products including a soapy cleanser called Movis (that unassuming little brown square). It's a squishy cube of heaven - it leaves your skin squeaky clean but not stripped. I was dubious at first as foaming cleansers and I don't typically get n but this one is a different story altogether. It's mild and very gentle, smells a bit like bread (hah!) and has several oils in it to counter dryness. I'd still recommend this one only for normal to oily faces though - it might be a bit much for drier skins.

Finally, one of my top finds in 2014 was coconut Frank - I use this everyday without fail. You'd think a coffee scrub would be too harsh for the delicate skin on your face but the coconut formula is so hydrating and gentle I pat it all over and let it work its magic while I wash my hair/whatever. I leave the shower fresh faced, clean and hydrated. Serums seem to absorb better and are more effective after using Frank on my face as well.


MOISTURISERS/SERUMS/BALMS.

Typically I need a lot of moisture put back into my skin as although it can get oily it's actually a bit dehydrated. I drink 1.5 litres a day or more but none of it seems to end up in my skin?! Anyway - the creams I use are typically oil free and have hyaluronic acid which helps your skin absorb more moisture without getting oily.

The first one I apply is my Trilogy Very Gentle Moisturising Cream post-cleanse with 9 to 5. It settles my skin and creates a nice base without making me feel sticky or oily. I usually have a break between applying the two but after this I use the Mecca Cosmetica SPF30 daily moisturiser - it's a physical barrier rather than a chemical one which means my skin doesn't react. It's beautifully light (which is why I need to use it in conjunction with another...) and is fantastic for priming your face for foundation (or in my case usually a tinted moisturiser). Aside from that the SPF30 is by New Zealand/Australian standards which means it's very broad spectrum - I'll definitely be getting the bigger tube when the wee one runs out.

In the evening I pull out the big skin-care guns. After I get out of my shower and pat my face dry I put on 3 - 5 drops of Trilogy Rosehip Oil, either the classic of Antioxidant+ version are fantastic. Despite being an oil it doesn't clog pores and actually feels incredibly light. At times I use this alone without another cream after, it helps reduce redness and scarring so is great for healing blemished areas.

I feel like I've finally found my dream eye cream in the Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil eye cream. It gives so much life back to that area - something I hadn't found with any other creams or serums I'd used for my eye area before. It's light, very hydrating and showed results pretty quickly. Best of all the tub is very generous so I think this one will last me a long while.

Finally, you can't forget your lips - I can't stand that chapped feel (eurgh) so I apply a balm like the Hurraw! Moon Balm. These little tubes last a long time and for only $6 they're very affordable. When it comes to lip products especially I feel chemical free is best wherever possible and these are vegan and 100% natural.

I tend to like to stick to a few brands I really love with my skincare - I feel like it's a bit more cohesive that way and doesn't confuse the chemistry of my skin.

Any other products from these brands I should try?

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template