Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Monthly Favourites: January


Well, January whizzed past faster than I thought possible. 2015 has been a wonderfully busy year so far - despite challenges at work that have been wearing me out a bit (eek). I have a few new favourites this month - some were instant loves and only purchased recently while the hair care I've been using a while now. Anyway


Right lets start with the makeup bits I think, first off I have two new NARS additions to my makeup family. I bought the Nars Persia eyeshadow - it looks terrifying in the pan but compliments blue eyes amazingly and can be applied quite subtly or be built up for quite a striking and intense look. It's very blendable and highly pigmented - again, I've yet to be let down by anything from Nars.

The next stunner was the Nars Longwear Eyeliner in Via Appia. A gorgeous bronzey brown I used the old "this will look great on blue eyes" excuse and it works beautifully with the eyeshadow. The colour payoff is great and as the name suggests, it really does last a long time. As a chronic eye-rubber (is that a thing?) I love products that don't budge. I know I can safely put this one on in the morning and it'll still be there come 5 o'clock at the end of the working day.

The last makeup piece was another eyeshadow - I'd actually intended on getting All That Glitters but sadly it was sold out - instead I got Naked Lunch (by MAC) which is very similar. It's a beautiful pearly/slightly glittery finish with a champagne colour. I think this one will be lovely for the cooler months paired with a berry lip (come on Autumn I'm ready for you now).

It wouldn't be a monthly favourites post of mine if I didn't have a Lush product in there - I mentioned D'Fluff in a Dream Team post here. It's a new release from Lush, I never thought I'd be one to buy shaving soap but here I am smelling of strawberries with the smoothest legs. It's very gentle and mild on the skin, smells positively edible (as I've come to expect from Lush) and I never have any issues with razor rash when I use it. Next time I'll be getting the large tub...

Finally I have a couple of hair products - I'm not usually so big into hair seeing as mine is so stubbornly straight and un-styleable however these two are a dream for my new short hair. The first of which is Jungle Solid Conditioner - also by Lush. It's a lighter conditioner than the super intensive one I was using before and of course is also cruelty free. The smell is heavenly - living in the country I love earthy kind of smells and this one is gorgeous. It smells like the tropical rainforest of your dreams, it's too hard to describe so just have a whiff next time you're in Lush yourself. As my hair is shorter I try not to weigh it down - although this one is largely cocoa butter it's not heavy and gives shorter/healthier hair just the right amount of moisture and shine.

Given the recent months of sitting outside and abusing my hair with more frequent washing I've felt more of a need to get back into hydrating masks. I recently bought the Hello Hair Hydrating Mask and being the coconut fan I am I bought the Island Escape edition. It smells like orange and coconut and is quite a thick oil - it's totally natural which is great for sensitive scalps and really does give a lot of shine to your hair. I found I was less prone to tangles after using this too. It is pretty tough to wash out completely so I use my purple shampoo and leave it on my hair for a minute or two. This gets rid of all the oil, tones my hair and leaves it shiny but also squeaky clean. For the price it is I'll definitely be re-purchasing - of all the masks I've tried this is my top favourite.

Last one of this month is my new Vans - I've wanted to get the burgundy ones for ages and have been wearing them non-stop. They're the sort of shoes I can get away with wearing pretty much everywhere (so I do...).

Phew, feel like this was a bit late this month but I got there in the end!

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template