Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Friday 2 January 2015

2015

After my wee break from blogging I think I'm feeling more ready to get back into it with new ideas and more energy than I had at the end of last year.
2014 was a bit of a mixed bag, some good and some bad - I think I'll just highlight the good bits. A few really wonderful things happened, I've been working now for a year in my first real full time job. In that I've managed to pull myself up to a higher position with more responsibilities in an area I ultimately want to be in - which is PR and marketing. This year I've been offered the chance to go on a course through work, collaborate with the PR company my work uses and take the reigns on a few more projects. I know it'll be a busy year and full on trying to get everything done but I can't wait.

That aside in the last year I've also met and worked with some of the loveliest people several of which have turned into friendships. It makes going to work something I generally look forward to - everything is much easier when you work with a team as amazing as mine.

I've managed to make, save and spend more money than I've ever had in my life in the last year too. I'm by no means wealthy but learning how to budget more, pay off my car, be able to have that freedom to go out or buy something if I really want to is wonderful.

That reminds me - even having a car and now my license is one of the best things to happen to me in the last few years. Being able to drive to my mates place whenever I feel like it in my own little car with whatever music I want is one of the most liberating things that I never had before. Bit late to the driving party but better late than never right?

This year my resolution was really just to get out more, make the most of my twenties and do what makes me happy. Too much of the time I find myself doing the "sensible" or "right" thing even if it wasn't really what I wanted or what was going to make me really happy. Now I feel OK with leaving a situation if it isn't working, or changing something if it's not quite right. Your twenties are notorious for being that time of your life where you can be selfish - no marriage, kids or mortgage are stopping you from doing what you want. This time only last ten short years and I've already used nearly three of those up (eeek).

In terms of blog goals I think making sure posts are 100% exactly what I want them to be before publishing is going to be a priority. I'm thinking of reducing my posts to once a week for a little while to get back into the swing of it and see how I go. Working full time and trying to keep a blog afloat is definitely a challenge and one that I enjoy - I just don't want it to ever feel like a chore rather than a hobby. I don't want to put a number of followers as a goal - I'm really doing this because it's a creative outlet and something for me to look back on. Seeing comments from people who have enjoyed something I've written is more important to me than numbers.

Can't wait for this year to kick off properly - the last two days have already been amazing and new years eve was probably the best I've had in a long time - fingers crossed it's a sign of what's to come. Happy new years all.



Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template