Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Sunday 4 January 2015

Weekend Post: The New Year

This weekend was a long one - beautifully stretched out and sunny as well for that matter. Unfortunately I don't have many photos to show for it (thanks for that S4 - the screen froze and totally let me down). However I will say it started on New Years Eve when I got to head out from work early, get ready then head out. I had an amazing night and actually started on one of my resolutions which was to actually get out more - living where I live lends itself far too easily to becoming a social leper and it's not a behaviour I want to encourage when I'm only twenty-two.

It's Sunday as I'm writing this - I was planning on seeing a friend for a beach day but I think I'm still too frazzled from Friday in the sun and the traffic heading back into the city means it's safest to hole up at home with a book. I did just that and went into the bush right next to my house - I've loved that little patch for as long as I can remember. It's a lot more overgrown than it ever used to be but it's still a lovely quiet spot for when you need to get away from the wifi, computer and people. I took a book to read and my Moleskin diary to plan a few more blog ideas for this year. Watch this space.




The picture above I love especially - if you look carefully you can just see the bridge that crosses the river. So close to civilisation as it were and yet you can barely see it. The street I live on is in the country and definitely one of those places that would be overgrown within a matter of years of people disappeared.




To those who have never been to New Zealand - the above tree is a pohutukawa. So lovely being able to lie under them at the beach. The red flowers bloom over Christmas (and drop little fluffy things on you if you spend too much time underneath them).

auckland-sky-tower

The photo that started the weekend - the fireworks were actually pretty decent this year. Was a lovely clear night and pretty warm too, especially considering new years eve has been rubbish weather for the last few years.

I can't wait to get into the year - I have a lot of plans for it and a lot of new goals as well. Keen to crack on with my blog and make it a bit more personal and only post things I'm happy with. Plans to travel are brewing as well - and thankfully my goal to get out more is already paying off. My 2014 round up is here if you want to read something more in depth.

New post will be up either Wednesday or Friday this week - I expect work is going to be a little frantic to say the least (eeek).

Claire x
SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. oh i love your photos!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh thanks Helen! Big compliment from you as I always love the composition of yours. They were all actually just taken with my phone, sunny weather always helps things look better I think haha.

      Delete

A pipdig Blogger Template