Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Monthly Favourites: April

April is my birthday month and the first month of the year that really starts to feel wintery. I've got a few new season bits this month (mostly birthday presents, birthday presents from myself or bought with birthday money (I said birthday too much). Anyway - lets crack on. 

daniel wellington, cellini, samsung, lonely hearts

The first wee birthday present (to: me, love: me) was a Daniel Wellington watch. I'd been eyeing these up on the wrists of various bloggers. I'd fancied a more delicate "ladies" watch with a smaller face and leather strap a while and when I saw a discount code I couldn't really say no, could I? It needs to be on the tightest "rung" to fit my tiny wrists but the face is beautiful, about the same size as my much loved Michael Kors watch. I think leather watches almost improve with age as the leather softens it gains more character. Definitely a lovely piece to have. 

The next favourite was mentioned in a post earlier this month - Tootsi lipstick by Colourpop (you can see swatches here). I'd never really tried brown nudes before but this is such a gorgeous beige/browny nude. It looks a little different on everyone but it's a new favourite of mine. Dark enough that you can go pretty neutral on the eyes if you choose to but still lovely for the evening with a more dramatic look too. The fact that it's matte also means it lasts a good long while especially paired with the lip pencil counterpart of the same name. To give you an idea of how much I love it I've just repurchased another lip pencil and lippie to take with me to the UK. 

daniel wellington, cellini, samsung, lonely hearts

If you've read my "About Me" you'll know I can't resist lacy stuff. Lonely Hearts underwear is the stuff dreams are made of. So comfortable, beautifully made and they make you feel amazing too. Generally I've stayed away from soft cup bras but the extra straps on these and the fit of them is so flattering and comfortable. My boobs have moved in, unpacked and aren't going anywhere. I bought the black and white in the Blair design (with matching underwear of course).

lonely hearts lingerie blair

My final two for the month are my new Cellini hand bag - luxuriously oversized with sturdy straps, a split pocket and plenty of little nooks and crannies to keep mobile phones and lipsticks safe it's amazing. Mum got this for me mainly so I'd have something larger for the plane to the UK - my usual bag is a little too small. This greige toned bag is faux leather but feels beautifully soft and is large enough to fit my travel compendium, a book and my tablet (amongst other hand bag essentials of course).

Last but not least is actually an app - Fotor is a photo editing app, since I've started using it I find it even easier to made my blog photos look more like I've always wanted them to. Great for a beginner it has features that are easy to navigate and can give you some of the effects you can get from a DSLR camera but through editing rather than photography. There's a lot of auto-adjust templates for you to use too and a nifty collage feature which I've used on several occasions.


That's all from me for this month - next monthly favourites will be published from London (eeek!).

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template