Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Sunday 15 February 2015

Weekend Post: Read, Eat, Listen, Do #4



READ. #GIRLBOSS. I'd has this book in my mind for a while and finally picked it up when I had a week off work - it's a very comfortable book to read in the sense it takes no time at all to get into it, I take it to work and read a chapter a lunch-break. #GIRLBOSS is actually a very empowering read and is incredibly relateable particularly if you're of the generation Y and are trying to stumble your way through your twenties (which I am heading into rather rapidly...23 in two months eeek). Sophia is the founder of Nasty Gal - an online clothing store that's grown to crazy proportions in just a few weeks and she challenges a lot of ideas that feel pretty set in stone and expected of our generation. It's a very inspiring read all round and makes me really want to get my ass into gear.

EAT. I haven't been eating any one thing in particular a hell of a lot but I have been going out a lot more frequently - this weekend I went to Tyler Street Garage for dinner on Valentines day. It turns into a club later at night and is situated right on the waterfront - if you're in Auckland it's a very popular destination for twenty-somethings. The food was really good and the atmosphere is great too (then again might just have been all the happy couples that seemed to fill the city that night...)

LISTEN. Muse has recently made a re-appearance on my "Recently Played" playlist - I forgot how much I loved them until recently and have been playing a lot of their songs on repeat. In particular I love Plug in Baby, Starlight, Neutron Star Collision, Hoodoo, Nights of Cydonia and Time is Running Out.

DO. My nails - oh god my nails. They haven't looked so bird-of-prey in a long time (since I got shellac months ago). I bought them online when they were on sale to try them out - I've been dubious of acrylic nails as I've heard horror stories of what they can do to your nails. However - these ones from NailHur claimed to be OK to re-use and weren't damaging to your nails. Suffice to say I am in love - I've already ordered three more sets. They come in different shapes and sizes and designs. I'll definitely be doing a full review of these at some stage in the near future.

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template