Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Thursday 26 February 2015

Summer Saviours


Now that the warmer months are coming to a close in New Zealand (wahh) I thought I'd do a round-up of my favourite products that have really saved my skin and hair this summer. You can buy just about all of these worldwide/online so if anything really catches your eye you'll be able to get your hands on it no matter where you are.

Hello Hair; Island Escape Edition. This mask is gorgeous - I've tried quite a wide variety and I think this is my favourite. It's quite heavy but very nourishing. I find one treatment makes my hair look outstanding for quite a while, even with more frequent washing in summer heat and exposure to sun and water. I like to pack it on, leave it for a few hours then wash it out with a toning purple shampoo (more info on my full hair-care can be found here). This means my hair is hydrated, bright and brassy-tone free.

Mecca Cosmetica SPF 30 Moisturiser. I've been looking for a good SPF for years - one that's more than 15 (New Zealand sun is pretty brutal) and still feels light on the skin. Mecca is one of my favourite places to shop and it's yet to fail me - this one is light, smoothing and is a great base for makeup.

Ray Bans Aviators. 100% UV protective (can you tell I'm all about the sun protection this summer...) and green being my favourite colour I adore these. They're a bit hefty on the wallet but well worth the investment.

Frank Body Balm. The body scrub is a part of my every day skincare routine anyway but over summer when I was getting eczema from the heat this little tube saved me a lot of scratching. It's a very thick and oily cream but works a dream for dry and sensitive skin. Aside from that of course it smells heavenly too. Only warning is it will stick to your sheets a bit if you apply it before bed like I did...!

After several months of shorts and t-shirt weather I think I'm finally ready for cooler nights and jeans (and autumnal makeup hooray!)

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template