Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Dream Team: Big Hair


Ahh, big hair. The elusive dream for those of us with fine and straight hair. Even with a shorter do I still struggle to get that volume and messy I-woke-up-like-this look. However since my birthday shop (still recovering from that, sorry bank account) I have found a few products that word beautifully together for low maintenance, easy volume.

The first of which I've mentioned before is Big shampoo from Lush. It's got quite a thick consistency, smells heavenly and is filled with sea salt. It's great for removing oil treatments from your hair, adds a lot of shine and, as the name would suggest, helps make your hair look bigger.

Now, the real stars of the hair show are the next two - both are the first Bumble and Bumble products I've ever tried. I'm very impressed so far. While my hair is still damp I spritz the Thickening Spray through my roots and crown of my hair and massage it through. I usually prefer to let my hair dry naturally as I find this gives more of a tousled look but also reduces heat damage to your hair. After that, I apply the Surf Spray to the ends of my hair and scrunch it in, this helps get that wave going on and gives you lots of texture. Both of these products have a more masculine smell to them (in my opinion) but I don't find it lingers so don't let that deter you.

Sometimes if I really want to amp up the wave I'll tie my hair in a bun while it's still slightly damp, once you let it out it has a good strong wave that will really hold.

Best part about these products is you can have freshly washed hair the first day after you apply them, then the second day they give your hair a lot more texture for a messy up-do. The less you wash or heat style your hair the healthier it will be.

Do you have any volumising favourites?

Claire x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template